AMA: All About Income Tax Notices

Hi, Can we file rectification of return against proposed adjustment U/s 143(1)(a)(ii), for a trust not having 12A registration was mistakenly filed under ITR 7 but proposed adjustment U/s 143(1)(a)(ii) was received disallowing the exemption claimed, now can we file the rectification return by selecting it has AOP and file rectified return?

@Bharti_Vasvani if you can help here.

Hello @Adhi_Subramanya,

Rectification of return is for mistakes that are apparent from the records, however not having a registration as trust is not a mistake apparent from records hence rectification is not a solution here. But, an Updated ITR (ITR- U) can be filed in this case as an Association of Person.

Hope this helps!

@TeamQuicko @Shrutika_Shah @Bharti_Vasvani I am trying to file a revised return using the json file but getting this error -

How can I correct this?

Hi @Mayank_Bajaj

It is difficult to know the issue from the screenshot. You can Ask an Expert or Submit a ticket : Help Center.

@Shrutika_Shah
@Sakshi_Shah1
@Bharti_Vasvani

Mr.“A” earned 15 lakhs in the lottery . He has to pay tax as per the slab . BUT . he spend entire 15 lakhs in expenses travellings buying clothes etc . . Now he is bankrupt and no money . and so did not pay any tax .

what can the Government (I.T. department) do in such case scenario ?

Hi @HIREiN

In case of a lottery, you will receive the amount after the TDS.
Also, the amount is taxable at a flat rate of 30%.

If you don’t pay taxes due to bankruptcy, you will be declared insolvent. It is advised to Ask an Expert who will be able to guide to better in such a situation.

I have received notice for Adjusting Income tax refund with previous demand from Assessment years - 2009 and 2010. I do not have the filing details now for the years nor do I remember receiving any notices. Is there a way to request details as in the current demand except the demand amount I can’t see split up or any other details.

Hi @Query2023

You can respond to this as to whether you agree or disagree with the notice within 30 days of receiving the same. You can access all your filed returns from the IT portal: Login > e-File > Income tax returns > View filed returns.
Also, here’s a read on Intimation u/s 245 of Income Tax Act - Learn by Quicko in detail explaining the steps to take when you receive this notice.

Incase you want, you can also Ask an Expert.

Hope this helps.

1 Like