Can Central Govt pensioner claim rent benefit?


Can a central govt pensioner claim any rent related deductions when staying in a rental accommodation? If yes, please let me know the limit for residing in Noida. They do not own any property.


Hey @sxgupta, you can check out the deductions you can avail (if any) from this calculator:

If HRA is zero, this tool says no benefit can be claimed. Please note, HRA is not a component of the pension. The structure of pension is simple payout - no heads. So can he claim any renet related benefit under section 80GG?

Hey @sxgupta

You can claim rent related deduction under section 80GG, if not received HRA from your employer.

Hope, it helps!