Defective Return Notice for Tax Dues

I filed my return with tax dues and got notice u/s 139(9). What should I do if the time limit has expired for response u/s 139(9) and I wish to file a response?

Hey @emmy

You can file the revised return from your login on Income Tax E-filing Website. File this return u/s 139(5) and not under 139(9) with details of the original return.