I have received a defective return notice for non-filing of the audit report. How to respond to that?
There are 3 steps to follow:
- Submit a Tax Audit Report prepared by CA,
- Prepare a revised return,
- File response on Income Tax E-filing Website.
Hope this helps!
I filed my return with tax dues and got notice u/s 139(9). What should I do if the time limit has expired for response u/s 139(9) and I wish to file a response?
You can file the revised return from your login on Income Tax E-filing Website. File this return u/s 139(5) and not under 139(9) with details of the original return.
I forgot to mention balance sheet details in ITR-3 and received a notice. What is the solution?
There are 2 steps to resolve defect and file a response with the Income Tax Department:
- Prepare a revised return including balance sheet details,
- File response on Income Tax E-filing Website for the notice.