Educational Loan payment and ITR filing

I received some money from my friend (about 4 lakhs) and paid my college fees with it and the rest towards an educational loan account. I’m not salaried. Since it comes between 2.5-5 lakhs slab I think I should file ITR. If so how should I include this in ITR? Should I avail an online service or could someone guide me through that?

Hi @peterq

If the amount is received as a gift the same needs to be shown under the head Income From Other Sources. Since gifts received from friends are taxable if the monetary value of all gifts received exceeds INR 50,000.

We would be happy to help you with the ITR filing.
You can share your contact number and email id on Quicko | Contact Us so someone from our team can get in touch with you for details, process, pricing, and discounts?:slightly_smiling_face: