How do I get a Form 16 for a pension holder?

My Grandfather is receiving pension. How do I get Form 16 for him?

Hey @riya_gupta

Form 16 is a TDS certificate on salary. It is issued by employers to their employees at the end of each financial year.

Normally, pension holders do not get Form 16. However, you can ask your employer to provide you with Form 16.

TDS is usually deducted if your pension amount is more than the basic exemption limit i.e. INR 2.5 Lakh.

In case, TDS is deducted on your pension you can use Form 26AS. Form 26AS is a tax credit statement. You can use this Form 26AS to claim the tax refund of TDS deducted.

It is recommended to use Form 26AS since it is a summary of the total tax credit for the financial year. Tax credit comprises of tax is deducted on sources like pension, savings interest, fixed deposits, rent on house property, etc. or taxes paid during the year. Taxpayers usually, forget reporting such income and claim the tax credit.