How much can I save through deductions?

Can I save more than Rs 1.5 Lakh in Taxes through deductions?

Hey @sushil_verma

There are a wide range of deductions that you can claim. Apart from Section 80C tax deductions, you could claim deductions up to INR 25,000 (INR 50,000 for Senior Citizens) buying Mediclaim u/s 80D. You can claim a deduction of INR 50,000 on home loan interest under Section 80EE.

What are the different types of deductions that i can claim? I am a salaried individual and would like to save some taxes!

Hey @Dia_malhotra , there are many deductions that you can avail of. Your salary package may include different allowances like House Rent Allowance (HRA), conveyance, transport allowance, medical reimbursement, etc. Additionally, some of these allowances are exempt up to a certain limit under section 10 of the Income Tax Act.

For eg,

• Medical allowance is exempt up to INR 15,000 on a reimbursement basis.
  • Children education allowance is exempt up to Rs. 200 per child per month up to a maximum of two children.
  • Conveyance allowance is exempt up to a maximum of Rs. 1600 per month.

Tax on employment and entertainment allowance will also be allowed as a deduction from the salary income. Employment tax is deducted from your salary by your employer and then it is deposited to the state government.