I have borrowed money from a friend

I have borrowed money from a friend and used that amount to invest in the market. I have made profits and paid interest to the friend. Can I deduct these expenses from my income?


You can report your trading income under the head ‘Business and Profession’ while filing your ITR, and claim the advisory fees as your business expense. You can also claim the interest paid as a business expense. Since the loan is taken to earn the trading income.

Interest paid on loan, are we supposed to deduct tds?

Hi @Akash,

Yes, interest paid on loan is subject to TDS and you need to file Form 26Q

You can also use this TDS calculator to know now the TDS amount, rate and due dates

1 Like