In which section we need to declare the money we got from father


I got some money from my father which I know is directly exempt from tax. But do I need to declare that while filing a return? In that case, under which section do we need to file the return in the quicko application. A screenshot of the appropriate screen would be helpful.

Hi @pushpasooraj, money given from parents has to be declared under “Exempt Income” as mentioned in Section 56. Please refer to the following image to get an understanding where you can declare the money given to you by your father.

Income>Other Sources>Exempt Income

Thanks @Yash_Kaviya for a very quicky reply

Welcome @pushpasooraj, glad I could help :blush: