Income Tax Intimation u/s 143(1) Notice

Particulars : In Schedule MAT, Sl. No. 5a should be minimum of amounts at Sl. No. (54+55) of Part-A P&L/Part-A P&L-Ind As. Hence amount at Sl. No. 5a is recomputed accordingly

₹0

Amount entered in the Income tax return

₹1,074,746

Amount in ₹ As Computed

₹1,074,746

Variance
how to reply this
please help

@Sakshi_Shah1 can you help?

1 Like

yes, i need help in this matter

Particulars : In Schedule MAT, Sl. No. 5a should be minimum of amounts at Sl. No. (54+55) of Part-A P&L/Part-A P&L-Ind As. Hence amount at Sl. No. 5a is recomputed accordingly

₹0

Amount entered in the Income tax return

₹1,074,746

Amount in ₹ As Computed
₹1,074,746

Variance

yess i need help this matter

Hi,

This looks like ITR-6 issue, we’ll need more context to this, can you DM us or reach out to Help center.

Thanks

1 Like

Hi Team,
I received ITR demand mail stating “You have a Demand for A.Y. 2021-22.”.
I filed ITR3 from Quicko for AY2021-2022.
I saw that mismatch b/w demand doc and 26AS doc that my salary TDS is not reflected in demand doc. Hence demand is to pay Rs 11,72,020, which is incorrect.
I can share form16, ITNS doc, demand doc and 26AS form docs.
I need to submit response on website https://eportal.incometax.gov.in under → Pending Actions → Response to Outstanding Demand section.
Please let me know how to proceed. Add reasons has many options. Pls. let me know which one to select so that I can submit disagree and provide my comment. What comment to mention. Pls. call me on cell no either 98866-42237 / 96117-35817 to discuss further. Pls. help me. it is urgent.

Thank you, Thukaram
Mob: 98866-42237 / 96117-35817

Hi @thukaram57

You can refer to the article mentioned below to check how you can proceed to submit the response.

If you have correctly claimed the TDS in your ITR which is also getting reflected in the form 26AS, You can disagree with the demand and select “other” reason and mention in the comment that TDS has been correctly claimed and request them to reprocess the return.

After submitting the response you can wait for further communications from ITD.

If you need any further help, you can DM us or reach out to Help center.

HI,

I filed ITR without submitting form 10E(Arrears of salary received) for claiming relief u/s 89 ,Now Income department issued notice u/s 143(1)(a) for demand of tax.

After that I filed form 10E but response against notice is pending.

Now I am confused whether file revise return or submitting response ?
Or first file revise return and thereafter submitting response?

How can I get assessment orders for the AY2008-09 for which I had received 143(1) Notice? Unfortunately, I am unable to trace the receipt of the intimation.

Any help on the above query please.

Hi @gdshan

It is advisable to contact a local CA for such a case, as he will be able to guide you better.

Hi,

Any update on your challan number issue. I am facing the same issue now.

Hi @Peer_Mohamed_Althaf

The challan serial number is consists of 5 digit, if it is less than that then you need to add zero’s before the numbers if you’re adding your challan details on Quicko.

ITR-1 Original return submitted in the month of May 2023 and e-verified. Again revised return submitted in the month of June 2023 and e-verified. Today i received 143(1) processed for Original return. I am under the impression that it will be superseded by the revised. Please clarify.

Hi @Srikanth

Yes, your revised return shall also be processed. You can reply to the notice saying the revised return has been filed.

2 Likes

How do I reply to 143(1) notice. I filled the income tax return before the due date but I forgot to mention the deduction under 80C now I got a notice for demand of tax difference. What all steps should I follow to respond and revise the return?

@Shrutika_Shah
Hello, Today i have received SMS and email from income tax department.
Sms saying: " ITR for AY 2023-24 and PAN: asrxxxxx5c has been processed at CPC. Intimation u/s 143(1) has been sent to your registered email ID. If not received check in SPAM folder."

Email saying: Your Return for A.Y. 2023-24 has been processed. There is no payment due.
but in PDF file, As provided by Taxpayer vs As Computed u/s 143(1) it is 80 rupess different

At the end of PDF: As provided by Taxpayer column , its “80” and in As Computed u/s 143(1) is “0”

What does it mean and what should i do ?

Hey @vikhyat_kumeria,

You can file a revised return and incorporate the required changes. Once the revised return has been filed you can respond to this intimation by logging in to your account on the Income-tax website. You can disagree to the intimation with the demand stating the reason that you have filed a revised return.

Hello, Today i have received SMS and email from income tax department.
Sms saying: " ITR for AY 2023-24 and PAN: asrxxxxx5c has been processed at CPC. Intimation u/s 143(1) has been sent to your registered email ID. If not received check in SPAM folder."

Email saying: Your Return for A.Y. 2023-24 has been processed. There is no payment due.
but in PDF file, As provided by Taxpayer vs As Computed u/s 143(1) it is 80 rupess different

At the end of PDF: As provided by Taxpayer column , its “80” and in As Computed u/s 143(1) is “0”

What does it mean and what should i do ?

Hey @Kishan,

The intimation states that the ITR has been successfully processed without any demand. Furthermore, with regard to the difference that is being reflected, it means that the taxes paid by you are in excess of Rs.80. However, no action is required to be taken from your end.

1 Like