Is Tax Audit applicable for Intraday/F&O Trading?

Hello,

My F&O turnover is 64L and i have incurred a loss of 10L. I’m still in old tax regime and I’m a salaried person too. Am i required to tax audit ? Kindly reply.

Thanks

Hi @Anosh

Tax audit is applicable as your turnover is less than 1 crore but you have a loss and the total income exceeds the basic exemption limit.

hi,

I have few questions
year 1 - ITR4 choosed presumptive taxation and declared 6% profit
year 2 - ITR3 made f&o loss so got tax audit done
year 3- if I make profit in current year do tax audit needed?
if I can offset all losses in year3 can I choose ITR4 in year4 if I make profit

Hi,

Give this query answer,

My FNO turnover is 7 crore and my loss is in lacs. And I want to carry forward this loss for future setoff.

Is Audit applicable in this case? I have not chosen any Presumptive taxation scheme.

If a person has 2 business 1st cloth business in which he avail 44AD his Turnover is less than 2 crore i.e 10 lakh and Profit is more than 8% i.e 1.2 lakh and another business is of F&O in which his turnover is 30 Lakhs and having loss of 3 Lakhs and he maintain book of account in case of F&O business did audit applicable? Last year he has only Cloth business and opt 44AD

Hi @shyam15

Based on the given information, since your income is less than the basic exemption limit and the turnover is less than ₹1 crore, an audit is not mandatory. Though depending on the other income sources and situations, the applicability of audit requirements may vary.

even in case of loss in F&O tax audit not applicable, person opted 44AD for cloth business , His aggraged profit ( F&O + Cloth business) is less than 8%/6% In this case he has loss still tax audit not applicable

Hi @thiyagu53

The requirement for a tax audit depends on certain conditions. If your turnover exceeds the specified threshold, a tax audit is mandatory.

Here’s an article on Tax Audit Applicability.

If you opt-out of presumptive taxation, you are not able to opt-in back for next 5 years.

1 Like

Hi @shyam15

To check tax audit applicability, you may refer to this article - Tax Audit Applicability : Help Center for better clarity.

Hope it helps.

I have loss in fno with below info
Tax audit is applicable for me or not ?
Futures profit

Options profit

Total charges

Futures turnover

4.15L

Options turnover

3.53L

Other credits/debits

Hi @pvarmora

Assuming you have opted for the regular scheme of taxation if your turnover is between 2 crores to 10 crores and you have a loss, then a tax audit is not applicable.

Read more about Tax Audit Applicability : Help Center.

Hi @thiyagu53
is there a platform to get a tax audit from CA?
I have enquired , offline CA are charging like ~15-20K. My CFL is only 18K.

I have the same case as you but for year2 ( is my AY23-24).

I need to CFL for next year.

cc: @Muskan_Balar can you give any suggestion? Does Meet with expert will assist in audit of my f&O?

I have case with tax audit applicable .
Does quick provide audit facility for F&O trades? if yes, please share how to get in touch for audit from quicko

Hi Ramesh, I can’t find any website doing tax audit. we have to do offline.

Hi @Ramesh_S @thiyagu53

Quicko is an online tax filing platform. However, when our customers have audit requirements, we connect them with Chartered Accountants who could conduct tax audits upon booking a MEET.

Hi @Shrutika_Shah My turnover from f&o is 44 lakhs . i have made a loss of 2.4 lakhs in th FY. never opted for the presumptive taxation. do i need audit?

Hi @Dev

No, a tax audit is not applicable to you in this case considering the presumptive scheme has not been opted for.

@Shrutika_Shah Okay.Thanks for reply

Hi @ravi_kothari

No, a tax audit is not applicable to you as the turnover is less than 1 crore, and considering the presumptive scheme has not been opted for.

My F&O Turnover is less than 10 cr and loss from trading is -21 lakhs including all the charges in FY22-23. Im a salaried employee and not opted presumptive taxation . Whether Tax audit applicable for me pls advise