Long term capital gains

Husband sold a residential property. He wants to buy residential property lying in the name of his wife. Can he do so after payment of price of property and transferring the same in the records of builder for Long Term Capital Gain adjustment.

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Section 54 - Exemption on Capital Gains from House Property