Losses in mutual funds

Which ITR should be filed by salaried people with losses in mutual funds?

Hey Dhruvi,

In case of trading in Mutual Funds:

Income Head: Capital Gains Income

ITR Form: ITR-2

Loss: Loss under CG can be carried forward for 8 years.

STCL (Short Term Loss) can be set off against LTCG and STCG both

LTCL (Long Term Loss) can be set off only against STCG

1 Like