New Tax Filing ITR3 with No formal Job

How can I file ITR3 as I am an intraday trader and short term trader, How can I fill my ITR3 as I am not formally working with any company for more than 18 months, also I have a question that can I claim GST as I have created losses in last 2 years, can I claim my brokerage paid also. Please reply in detail.

Hi @shadab,

You can add your Intraday trades as a non-speculative business income and your Short-term trades under the head Captial Gains.

If you are not formally working with a company you can report the income as contractual payments, consultancy, or any other professional income depending on the nature of income under the head “Income from Business and Profession”.

You can file ITR 3 and report your capital gains, business & professional incomes.
You can also use this tool to determine which ITR form is applicable to you:

Yes, you can claim GST as a business expense for your intraday trades. Here are some other expenses you can claim as a trader.

Here’s a thread you can also refer for the discussion around claiming GST credits as a trader

Hope this helps :slight_smile: