Why does Quicko asks aadhaar details while filing ITR?

Hi @TeamQuicko I am trying to file my ITR and PAN is already linked to aadhaar, after filling all details. Quicko is showing error, the reason for error is Aadhaar not entered.
As far as I know after Supreme Court of India banned Private Players from collecting Aadhaar Details of citizens and Quicko is private players.

How is it asking the details? Without which I am not unable to procedd ahead. Is quicko claiming any exemption to SC Order?

Is there any way where user doesn’t need to submit his/her Aadhaar details to Quicko (but user is okay with submitting them with Income Tax Dept) and can file ITR (where Quicko provide some file to user or any other way and User enter his/her Aadhaar details on Income Tax India website and submit and e-verify the return?

Does Quicko provides a way where you provide JSON file which I can upload to ITR Website and file return? or Allow me to continue without entering aadhaar on Quicko Website (Since it is a private entity, don’t get me wrong) as I have already shared those details with IT Dept.

It is just that I want to minimize the Personal Data Exposure and don’t want to share or add Aadhaar number to any private database.

Hi @Aakash_L @Hem_Shah
Help needed and will be appreciated.
I am at last step while filing ITR.

Hi @CrownedEagle, being an Indian Resident, it is mandatory to input Aadhar details while filing Income Tax. The Income Tax Department is exempt to the SC order of using Aadhar Details. Quicko follows Internet Best Practices, you can read more about how Quicko, uses and protects data here.

Would recommend you to choose what you feel is the best option. :blush:

Okk…
Thanks for the help…

EDIT: But after reading more about this my query is not resolved.

But if I am not wrong… Person’s aadhaar details are already with IT dept. And PAN is linked with Aadhaar.
And to eVerify… One need to do that on IT Portal.

The Supreme Court made exemption for IT Dept (in case of PAN linkage) not for Private Entities. The same Supreme Court Order explicitly barred Private Entities from Collecting Aadhaar Numbers and made a provision for imposing fine in case of violation of this order. Isn’t it?
E.g. Banks or Stock Brokers don’t & can’t collect & are barred from collecting aadhaar details.
Zerodha only receives Masked Aadhaar and Only Details during their Registration Process… Aadhaar Consent – Zerodha
Banks like HDFC clearly mentions that aadhaar is voluntary and provides alternative means for account opening. Terms & Conditions

But when I tried to submit ITR without filling in Aadhaar on quicko (in Dec 2021), it didn’t allowed me to proceed then. Why is it so?

So why does Quicko needs to collect tax payer’s aadhaar number? Is Quicko exempted from Supreme Court’s Order? (I don’t think so)

I really like what Quicko is doing as a service (Tax Filing Assistance Service for those who don’t want to (or really don’t have time) take some efforts to learn about Taxes and Tax Filing Basics). But my only concern-cum-query is aadhaar number collection.

And this is, kind of the only reason which prevents me from recommending your service to my friends.
I would really appreciate if you answer my query with an explanation.

EDIT [20221006]: The e-Verification procedure requires aadhaar or VID but this process can be completed on IT Dept Website.

So does the tax filing procedure by Quicko requires collection of Tax Payer’s aadhaar and its subsequent submission to IT Dept? And without this [I mean is this aadhaar collection mandatory for return filing entity (in this case for quicko)] Quicko can’t proceed and submit the IT return?

Also in what capacity Quicko submits tax payer’s return? as Individual, as CA, as ERI (Type 1 or Type 1, 2 or 3) or as Authorized Representative (in case of ITR3 and no audit is required)?

@Bharti_Vasvani @Hem_Shah can you please help here?

Any update on this? @Bharti_Vasvani @Hem_Shah

Hi,

This is Hem. I am an analyst on Quicko’s tax filing product. I am really happy that you know & care about your privacy and data rights. Customer’s privacy & securely storing their data is a central tenet of what we do.

As per notification Supreme Court has upheld validity of Section 139AA(1) which makes quoting Aadhaar mandatory while filing ITR.

Now Income Tax Department has made PAN-Aadhaar linking mandatory then why does one have to quote Aadhaar in their Income Tax Returns?
Your PAN must be linked to Aadhaar before filing Income Tax Return. We also think that quoting Aadhaar should not be necessary if your PAN is linked to Aadhaar. However, the supreme court order clearly gives mandate to Income Tax Department and we have to comply with the same while furnishing your Income Tax Return.

Quicko is an ERI (Type-2) we file your return as an ERI but as of now our license is under renewal hence the users can download the JSON file and submit it via ITD portal.

Hope this helps!

Thanks.

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: PAN Aadhaar link is mandatory

hy split above? Or merge of topic? (I am confused whether to call it split or merger)

I was not going to post below this thread… I gave up on this subject and moved on…
But recently for last few days, because of this split/merge, I am receiving emails for comments on the post, where I didn’t posted anything in the 1st place… That is kind of spam for me…
Here: PAN Aadhaar link is mandatory - #4 by HIREiN
My this thread was kind of hijacked…

Also Moderator or someone changed the title of this thread to PAN-Aadhaar Link, which was not the original title of this post/thread… How can you even do this? Change user’s post…

But it is still confusing… The quoting of Aadhaar Number part… And may be can not do anything about it…

When at one end Supreme Court disallowed it to be collected by Private Entities . On the other, hand IT Dept says, one should quote it in the ITR even when Private entities like ERI are goin to process that information…
https://incometaxindia.gov.in/Acts/Income-tax%20Act,%201961/2020/102120000000075233.htm

Archived Version
https://web.archive.org/web/20230430144843/https://incometaxindia.gov.in/Acts/Income-tax%20Act,%201961/2020/102120000000075233.htm