Facing issues in filing dir-6?

I am filing dir-6 and my client has single name i.e SUMALINEE, but every time dir -6 showing error that first name or last name entered. pls help me as limit of 30 days going to be over

Hey @Sofiyah_Valiante ,

In case Director’s/ Designated Partner’s name is to be corrected, enter the correct full name.
-Single alphabet is not allowed in field ‘first name’ and ‘last name’ in case director/ designated partner is Indian. “Middle Name” is an
optional field. You should enter it only if a middle name exists.
-Prefixes like Mr. / Ms. / Kumari / Shri etc. are not acceptable. The name should be filled exactly as given in the identity proof including the spelling. Please ensure that you provide your first, middle and last name in the respective fields.
It is mandatory to enter either applicant’s first name or applicant’s last name.
However, in case of Indian nationals, single name shall be allowed only in case same single name is there in Income tax PAN.

Hi same problem is with me I have only one name while filling the details in DIR 6 it’s giving error that first or last name is mandatory what has to be done. My name in PAN is only Ankur could you please guide me.

@Sakshi_Shah1 can you help?

Hey @Ankur_Verma

The name as printed on PAN card is sometimes different from the name as per PAN database. You can verify your PAN on the income tax website - Verify Your PAN

Alternatively, you can check the name as per PAN database in your profile on income tax website.

If the name as per PAN database is the same as PAN Card, you can try filing the form putting your name as per PAN under last name.

Hi Sakshi, My PAN details are correct I checked it from the link you shared as well as in PAN department also, but still same problem, MCA support team is saying as per company Act rule for DIN First Name and Last name is mandatory and this is as per MCA. How is it possible while on the other had they are saying in case of single name it should be same as per the PAN. Could please help me as I am facing a lot if issues due to this. Is there any Off line way to do this ?

@Sakshi_Shah1 can you please help?

Hey @Ankur_Verma

There could be mismatch in details as per PAN database and MCA database. Try raising a grievance with MCA for this issue if they can help you resolve it. Ministry Of Corporate Affairs - Complaints

Hi,

I am trying to change Mobile number and email id in DIR-6, but there is no option to edit the same. help kit says, mobile number is mandatory but i am not able to enter it.

Can you please tell me the documents and the attestation required to change the residential status of a Director from resident to NRI?

Hi @SnehaGarg

You can read about documents and procedures of DIR-6: Intimation of change in particulars of Director - Learn by Quicko

Here’s a document with the instructions for eForm DIR 6. Click here.

Hope this helps.