Chapter VI-A deductions (80C, 80D, 80G, 80GG, 80E, 80EEB)

Hello how can i add my HRA component under sec 10(13A) as i dont see any such option in QUICKO

My employer has paid a professional tax of Rs 2400 in FY 2021-22. Can I claim Rs. 2400 of deduction under the section 16(iii) of the income tax act?

What are the requirements, limit and conditions to claim medical expenditure under 80Don behalf of the assessee in the income tax form?

what was the solution? I have filed 10BA and still see this as 0.

hi @Yash_Kaviya I also see that HRA under 80GG shows 0 out of $xxx eligible after filing 10BA. Can you please help ?

Even after filing the 10BA form, I see 0 rs eligible out of xxxxRs in the 80GG section. Can you please check
?

Hey, can you write to us at hep@quicko.com so that our team can take a look at it?

I will do that. thanks.

Hi,

Can I claim exemption of HRA below 1 lac on income tax website if I am not living in rented property ?
I have not paid for mediclaim for my parents but can I claim it on income tax website for Rs.22000 ?
Can I claim Rs.25000 exemption in LTA if I have not travelled during FY 2021-22 to reduce the tax to be paid ?

Hello sir/madam, this FY I have some medical bills for OPD treatment and medical tests like sugar and cholesterol. Can I claim this expenditure under 80D ?

Hello @Shantanu_Marathe,

You should only claim deduction/ exemption for investment/ expenses that you have actually incurred. This year ITD is sending intimation to assesses especially in cases where refund is to be initiated to either confirm that all deductions/ exemptions claimed are correct if the claims are higher than what you declared to the employer or revise the ITR and enter correct claims.

Hope this helps!

Hello @sourav_konar,

If you’re a senior citizen then only you can claim deduction u/s. 80D for medical expenses incurred by you. Or if your parents are senior citizen and you have paid for their medical expenses then you can claim deduction u/s. 80D.

You can claim up to INR 5,000/- u/s. 80D for preventive health check up.

Hope this helps!

Hello all,
Below is my salary
Cash component(per month):

Stock component (per quarter):

I am total naive in taxes,
Can somebody help me to understand where i can save taxes on both salary and US shares?

Hi @Shaggy,

For salary income, you can save taxes by making investments in LIC, Tax savings ELSS, health insurance premiums, or if your parents are senior citizens, then you can claim medical expenses incurred towards their health, etc.
Here’s a read on tax savings & deductions an individual can claim.

For your capital gains in US shares, you can claim foreign tax credit while filing the income tax return for that relevant assessment year.

Hello,

I’ve investment proof submission deadline until Jan 23.

I do ELSS investment SIPs every month. Considering I’ll do it till March for this FY, my proof wouldn’t show that right? It’ll only show until Jan 23 as my two month payments will be still pending. So how does this work out?

I’ll be taxed for the last two months as it is not being shown in the proofs?

@Bharti_Vasvani Can you help here?

Hello @Kaushik_Seetha,

The SIP investment plan shall have details such as start date, end date and amount of investment mentioned in it. So you can provide that as proof of investment so accurate TDS shall be deducted.

Hope this helps!

Hello,

I’ve investment proof submission deadline until Jan 23.

I do ELSS investment SIPs every month. Considering I’ll do it till March for this FY, my proof wouldn’t show that right? It’ll only show until Jan 23 as my two month payments will be still pending. So how does this work out?

I’ll be taxed for the last two months as it is not being shown in the proofs?

Hello @Kaushik_Seetha,

The SIP investment plan shall have details such as start date, end date and amount of investment mentioned in it. So you can provide that as proof of investment so accurate TDS shall be deducted.

Hope this helps!

The thing is that i am planning to buy a EV two wheeler for my mother in law. invoice and registration will be under her name. but as i will be paying for it can i get exemption for it in IT?
under which section?