Chapter VI-A deductions (80C, 80D, 80G, 80GG, 80E, 80EEB)

Can you please help me why my HRA is not considered for deductions while entering 60k

sorry to spam, i got the solution

Hi @mohan2170, we love any and all queries on our platform. Please feel free to reach out in case of any problem. Would be glad to help. :blush:

1 Like

I invest 1.5L in PPF every year and want to know if I can invest additional 50,000 in NPS and claim it u/s 80CCD(1B). So I want to invest overall 2Lacs annually.

Is the deduction of 50,000 u/s 80CCD(1B) only available if 2Lacs is invested entirely in NPS or can I do as I said above?

I am not salaried and have not yet opened NPS account.

Hi @vivek25

Deduction of Rs. 50,000 u/s 80CCD(1B) is independent from the threshold limit of INR 1.5 Lakh [for section 80C + Section 80CCC + Section 80CCD(1)].

Individuals who are aged between 18 – 60 years as on the date of submission of his/her application are eligible for investment in NPS. Resident Individuals can open Tier I NPS account and claim the amount invested as a deduction including self-employed taxpayers.

Hope this helps. :slightly_smiling_face:

I made the donation under PM care funds, how can I claim deduction while filing ITR?

I am living on rent in Indore, but my family is staying in Ahmedabad in a co-owned property in my name and my wife’s name. Can I claim a deduction for both rent I pay for Indore home and home loan I pay for Ahmedabad home?

Hey @Rachit_Awasthi ,

Yes, you can claim a deduction for both.

• Home loan principal repayment u/s 80C up to INR 1,50,000. You can claim the home loan principal repayment up to the amount you repay. If it is partly paid by your wife, you can claim deduction only for the amount you paid

• Rent if you receive HRA or u/s 80GG if you do not receive HRA

Hope this helps!

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Tax deduction on sold house property

Hello Team,

I’ve sold a plot of land in April 2021 and I am looking to buy a new house with the sale proceeds. Will I be able to gain LTCG tax exemption if I invest that amount all at once to buy an apartment which would be handed over to me in 2025 ?

Hi @Abhishek

This exemption will not be available u/s 54F as the proposed construction is not getting completed within 3 years from the date of sale.

You can read more about the section here -

I pay insurance premium for my parents, can I claim deduction for it?

One can claim tax exemption on health insurance premium for self,dependents and dependent parents under section 80 D .It can be claimed directly in itr or through employer. 80D is only for health insurance

Hi @Shelly_Trivedi @MONU_KR

Section 80D allows a deduction to an Individual or HUF for the amount paid towards the medical insurance premium, medical expenditure, and preventive health checkup. It can be claimed for Self, Spouse, Children, and Parents. You can claim it through your employer or directly through ITR as well. For the amount of deduction that you can claim you can refer to the below article:

Thanks for updates :ok_hand: :ok_hand:

My query is related to health insurance. I took two separate health policies for my parent, one of them is senior citizen. I paid 34k for my father’s premium (senior citizen) , and 19k for my mother’s (not senior citizen) premium. How much deduction can I claim?

thanks&regards

Hey @Debmalya_Gharai, you will be able to claim INR 50K in deductions. You can read more about it from here:

Hi,

I know we can claim deductions for term insurance, health insurance, etc. There is also a provision to pay insurance premiums with a credit card. Now say I’m using the credit issued in my name to pay my insurance premium and the credit card cumulative bill is paid from my father’s account. In this case, can I claim the deductions?

@Sakshi_Shah1 can you help ?

Hey @pushpasooraj
If the insurance premium receipt is in your name, you can claim the deduction for the same irrespective of the account or card from which payment was made.