TDS processed with defaults u/s 200A

I have 2-3 solutions for this problem.

Kindly reach out at sakinagulamaliwala24@gmail.com

It’ll surely help

I am suffering the same fate.Please let me know if you have any possible solution.
arka.misra@gmail.com/ whats app: 9886107711

Can you create a whatsapp group with all impacted buyers?

Hello Ankur, Did you get any solution ?

I can help anyone who is having this issue. Please reach out to me.

Muthuraj@traczen.com and contact No. 9591099929

hi @ankursing10 @Vishal_Verma contacted you over email please reply.

I have got the same notice from Income Tax where I I purchased a property for 1.06 Crore.

Actually during the time of registration the seller’s pan is inactive due to aadhar and pan link issue but I paid TDS once the pan became active and operative where the time duration is one week from day of registration!

So what can I do now as I paid the TDS once the pan became operative and Active but still got the notice from IT

1 Like

NOW IT DEPARTMENT HAVE MADE CORRECTIONS IN THE PORTAL. WHEN A INOPERATIVE PAN IS ENTERED IT SHOWS USER DOES NOT EXIST.

EARLIER WHILE FILING 26QB THE PORTAL DOES NOT EVEN INTIMATE WHETHER THE PAN IS ACTIVE OR NOT.

BASIC AIM OF IT DEPARTMENT IS TO LINK AADHAR AND PAN.

WHEN THE SAME IS ACHIEVED THEN BY RECTIFICATION DEMAND SHOULD BE NULLYFIED.

ITS HIGH TIME DEPARTMENT COME WITH A CORRECTIVE MEASURE AND HELPING US

Hi I have same problem. In my case:
When I was trying to pay TDS for property system shows Seller PAN number does not exists.
When I asked seller we are seeing this error he immediately did something and ask us to try again.
When we tried the Error was gone and I was able to pay the TDS for property.

After 2 days I got email about 200A Default. When we checked the PAN and AADHAR connection It was not connected.

And now I have asked to pay pending 20% full amount + Interest which 20000/-.
Is anyone got solution to this problem please help…

Also suggest if its good Idea to Pay 20% TDS and go ahead with Property registration or just cancel the Deal ?

@Hari_Splyn @CA_Niyati_Mistry

Thanks-

Hello @abhi.sharma05,

I would suggest you pay the 20% TDS and close the deal if the full payment for the property purchase is not made. You can also consider cancelling the purchase and claiming a refund of TDS already paid.

Hi @CA_Niyati_Mistry
Thank you so much for taking time and quick reply…
We are trying to download the letter from TRACES site but system is not allowing us to raise document download request, what could be reason I got letter on 18 Nov 2023.

May you also help put some light on post payment scenarios, what are the possible outcomes…
Is there any way we can connect with you to talk on this matter and have your valuable guidance.

Please help…

Thanks-

Hello @abhi.sharma05

I can not clearly suggest anything without looking at the demand notice and the reason for the same.

You can book a meet where a tax expert will connect with you and guide you better.

Hi, Please pay the Tds on demand & revise the TDS return for the quarter. Claim the 20% TDS paid by you in your IT return & the govt.would be bound to pay the refund in your bank.

Hi, Please pay the Tds on demand & revise the TDS return for the quarter. Claim the 20% TDS paid by you in your IT return & the govt.would be bound to pay the refund in your bank. Hope it will help you.

Hi, Please pay the Tds on demand & revise the TDS return for the quarter. Claim the 20% TDS paid by you in your IT return & the govt.would be bound to pay the refund in your bank. It will help you.

I have some solutions around the defualts under section 200A. if any one contact me call me 9716929706

Hi Niyati,
Could you please confirm if; this is the right place to pay the default amount u/s 200A?
e-filing portal → e-pay Tax → New Payment → Demand Payment for TDS on Property

Also, is the communication reference number same as the demand reference number? E.g. TDS/2023/AKXXXXXXXX/D/XXXXXXXXXXXX

1 Like

Hello @SANDIP_BHATTACHARYA,

Yes, that’s the correct place to make the payment for TDS Default on the purchase of the property.

Yes, the communication reference number is same as the demand reference number.

Hope this helps!

1 Like

Thanks for confirmation.

Sorry, I have the following questions:-

1. Will the additional demand amount reflect on 16B or the amount pertaining to 1% (initial deduction paid via 26QB) wil be shown on 16B?

2. If the additional demand amount paid later don’t reflect on 16B then, may I ask which document seller will produce to claim refund during ITR filing?

3. After payment of Demand TDS amount a CIN will be generated. Are there any further steps to do or default notice will automatically be cancelled/invalid?

Hello @SANDIP_BHATTACHARYA,

Here’s the answer to your queries:

1. The total amount of TDS deducted will be reflected in 16B.
  2. Ideally, that won’t be a case that after making the additional demand payment it does not reflect in Form 16B. However, you can use the challan receipt as proof.
  3. After making the payment, there are no further steps. However, you can check the status on the TRACES portal to see if the demand is resolved or not. After the demand is resolved, you can request for a fresh form 16B which will reflect the total TDS deducted.

Hope this helps!

1 Like