Tax season is around the corner!
Things to do before you file your return:
- Register yourself on Income Tax Department website for e-filing returns and get your Form 26 AS.
- If you are a Salaried Individual then keep your Form 16 handy.
- Pre-validate your Bank Account and link it with your PAN to receive any Income Tax Refund.
Things to keep in mind:
- Identify your Income Sources correctly.
- Claim applicable Deductions.
- ITR V is generated once you successfully submit your ITR. You must digitally sign ITR V (Acknowledgment) and complete the process.
We understand it can be tedious and confusing. So, we are here to answer all your questions
Update: On account of COVID-19, the due date to submit the tax audit report is 15th Jan 2021, and the due date to file ITR is 10th Jan 2021(In case tax audit is applicable). For taxpayers, when a tax audit is not applicable the ITR due date is 15th Feb 2020.