Assistance Needed with ITR Form Selection and Filing

Hello everyone,

I’m seeking guidance regarding the selection and filing of my Income Tax Return (ITR) form for the financial year. I am a salaried individual with the following details:

• Total Income: Under ₹2.5 lakh.
  • Income Sources:
    • Salary income.
    • A small withdrawal of ₹375 from the Dream11 fantasy gaming app.

I have encountered an issue where the ITR-1 form is showing as disabled for me on the income tax portal. Given that my total income is below ₹2.5 lakh, I am unsure why this is happening and what steps I should take.

I understand that:

• ITR-1 is generally suitable for individuals with a total income up to ₹50 lakh, including salary, interest income, and income from other sources like fantasy gaming.
  • ITR-2 is meant for individuals with income exceeding ₹50 lakh or from sources beyond salary and one house property.

Given my income level and the issue with ITR-1, could you please advise:

1. Why ITR-1 might be disabled for my case.
  2. If I should proceed with ITR-2 despite my income being well below ₹50 lakh.
  3. Any additional steps I need to take or other forms I might need to consider.

Thank you in advance for your assistance!

Hey @Shubham_Pawar,

Ideally yes, you’ll have to file ITR-1. Not sure why it should be disabled. Could you share a screenshot?

because of this * A small withdrawal of ₹375 from the Dream11 fantasy gaming app.

Hi @Shubham_Pawar

Has any TDS been deducted u/s 194S in your case?