Claim TDS more/less than shown in Form 26AS

What if I claim more TDS as compared to 26AS?

hi @Archan434

As per the rules of Income Tax Act, the IT Department would send out a notice if there is a TDS mismatch in Form 26AS and ITR. The TDS Certificate i.e. Form 16/ Form 16A is issued every quarter. You must check the TDS credits and match it with Form 26AS.

Hope this helps!

TDS nil 0 deducted on dividend paid by company is reflected in 26AS. But reporting in ITR2 under TDS2 is disabled. Whether Nil TDS entries are required to report in ITR2 under ‘Tax Paid’ schedule? I have already sent email to income tax india regarding this issue. Please comment

Hi @Vivekdesai,

In case the TDS does not reflect any amount in Form 26AS, you shouldn’t have to report it under tax credits. However, you should disclose the income under the relevant income head when filing your ITR

Hi Team,

While filing ITR as per 26AS form there were no TDS amount, however TDS was credited after filing tax. hence not shown in the ITR and paid extra tax.

Is there any way that i can claim refund ?

Can i file revised ITR or can i claim next year ? (I guess not possible)

Hi team @TeamQuicko. Please reply.

Hi @Alex

You can file a revised return now and claim the TDS as tax credits. In case the tax paid is more, you will be eligible for an income tax refund. Make sure that your bank account is pre-validated.

Hi @Shrutika_Shah,
Thank You very much for quick turnaround.

My ITR still under review, in this stage can i file revised return or i should wait ?

thanks in advance.

Hello @Alex

You can file revised return, there is no requirement of waiting till the original return gets processed.

Hi @Alex

Yes, rightly mentioned by @CA_Niyati_Mistry you can follow that.