How to create TRACES account for NRI

Hi
I have tried multiple times to register TRACES account by using option 1 (I have provided TDS details from 16A sent by my bank). always receiving an email saying the details entered are invalid in option 1. Can anyone send me a screenshot of how to enter details in option 1 from 16A.

I am using below link to register TRACES Portal for Indian Users

Below is the reply from TRACES:

“Registration has not been processed due to incorrect verification data entered in Option 1 during registration request submission. Please raise another registration request with correct verification data.”

Cheers
Maruthi

1 Like

Hi @maruthipanyam

Please follow this article for NRI Taxpayer Registration Process on TRACES - Learn by Quicko and it should help you.

I am facing exactly the same issue. I have provided all the details under option 1 correctly based upon the info available in my Form 16A. However, I received an email from ** TDS Intimations intimations@tdscpc.gov.in** as below:

Registration has not been processed due to incorrect verification data entered in Option 1 during registration request submission. Please raise another registration request with correct verification data.

Without a traces account, I am stuck and cannot get my Form 26AS which is preventing me from completing/amending my ITR. Someone please help!

Hi @anand7um

You will have to contact the TRACES team only.

Hi Friends,
How can I update foreign address and phone number in communication details?
The communication address section does not allow me to update phone number other than India phone number. Also, the pin code is asking for 6 digit where in Australia, the pin codes are 4 digit only
Any advise will be highly appreciated
Vinod

Hey @vinod1,

With regard to your query, kindly get in touch with the TRACES support team.

Here’s the helpline number: 1800 103 0344 and email: contactus@tdscpc.gov.in

Hope this will help!