How to file ITR-U on Quicko

Hi Quicko,

My Friend is filing his ITR of AY22-23 now via Quicko.
He filled everything and generated JSON file, but while uploading the same in IT portal under “119(2)(b) After Condonation of Delay”, it throws error as " Filing type does not match with the selected filing section in the return".

Kindly help what needs to be done in this situation.

Hey @sudha_sakthivel,

ITR-U, i.e. an updated return needs to be filed for AY 22-23. However, filing ITR-U is not supported on Quicko as of now, but, you can file ITR U using the ITR JSON from Quicko.

1. Prepare your return on Quicko

2. Once the return is prepared on Quicko, download the JSON without payment of tax.

3. Download the excel utility of the Income tax.

4. Extract the Zip file and an excel file will be shown

5. Select PART A General schedule and click on Import JSON from the right side nav

6. Select the JSON downloaded from Quicko

Wait for a few seconds and all your information will be auto-filled in the excel utility.

Now, work in the excel file which has been auto-filled.

1. In the PART A General tab, navigate to File u/s and select 139(8A)

2. Now, navigate to PART A GEN 139(8A)

3. Under Personal Information navigate to

• (A5) Whether return previously filed for this assessment year? select Yes or No, as per your return status, and add the other relevant details

• (A8) Are you eligible for filing an updated return as per the conditions of section 139(8A), select “Yes

• (A10) Select the appropriate Reason for updating your income

• (A11) Are you filing the updated return during the period? Select the relevant option (12 or 24 months, depending upon the return period)

Now, verify if all the details have been correctly entered

1. Navigate to PART B- TI TTI tab

2. Click on Calculate Tax from the right side nav

3. Your total tax liability will be calculated and will be shown in the Part B ATI tab as Net Amount payable

4. Pay the tax using “e-pay” on the income tax portal

5. Enter the challan details in the Part B ATI tab under (14) Tax Payments

6. Click on Generate JSON from the right side nav in the Part B ATI tab

7. Save JSON

This saved JSON will be downloaded in the zip file which you downloaded earlier.

1. Lastly, file ITR using ITR JSON

Hope this helps!

There is no such option visible anywhere, to download the ITR JSON in Quicko.

I tried this. But after filing excel sheet with JSON generated through Quicko, on clicking “calculate tax”, it gives notification to add details in EI worksheet as that is compulsory. I tried removing this worksheet by crossing “Schedule EI” on HOME worksheet. But it sill keep on giving same issue “Description at Sr. No. 1 in sheet EI, is Compulsory”.

Please let me know if there is any solution available as I am stuck at this place and seems like it is dead end for me.

Hi @BlaBlaBoy,

The downloading of ITR JSON will be enabled on Quicko soon.

I think this option is already there in Quicko and I was able to download ITR in JSON format in the REVIEW tab through Quicklo. But I am facing issue in excel utility that is provided by gov IT website.
Is there any plan to provide ITR U option in Quicko. If yes, by when it will be added?

Hey @Manoj_Garg,

Yes, the option to download JSON is available for AY 22-23 and not yet for AY 23-24. Implementing the filing of ITR- U is in our pipeline, however, we do not have an ETA for the same. You can opt for our expert assisted MEET plan, wherein a tax expert can help you file the updated return.

Actually, my friend did not file his ITR for FY21-22(AY22-23) till date and so he is trying now." Can he file using ITR-U ?
I mean, ITR-U is to file if there is any change in the ITR already filed right ? Here my friend did not file earlier and so not updating his previous ITR, he is filing his original ITR now… so, please tell me if he can still proceed with ITR-U using ur detailed step by step process ?

Hey @sudha_sakthivel,

ITR-U can be filed even if the return is not filed previously. The same process can be followed to file the same.

Hope this clarifies!