I have a PLC, which Statutory Registers am I supposed to maintain?
Some of the Statutory Registers to be maintained by a company are as under:
- Register of Members (MGT-1)
- Register of Debenture Holders or any other security holders (MGT-2)
- Foreign Register (MGT-3)
- Register of Directors and KMP
- Register of renewed or duplicate share certificates (SH-2)
- Register of Sweat Equity Shares (SH-3)
- Register of ESOP (SH-6)
- Register of shares and other securities that have been bought back (SH-10)
- Register of Charge (CHG-7)
- Register of loan/ guarantee/ security given or acquisition of securities (MBP-2)
- Register of investment of the company not held in its name (MBP-3)
- Register of Contracts and Arrangements in which Directors are interested (MBP-4)
You can read more about Statutory Registers here:
Hope this helps!