Importing Trading Data from Zerodha

Hey folks, we have specifically created this thread to respond to any queries you have regarding importing your trading data from Zerodha! Meanwhile, you can check out our support content on how you can import your trade data from Zerodha:

You can also find out how to import your trading data using the Quicko Template:

Showing wrong data in glyde app compare to p&L report from zerodha

Hi @Santosh_Kumar, could you please attach a screenshot of the issue or send the same to help@quicko.com and we would be able to assist you better. :blush:

Hi,
Since yesterday, I was able to import my trading or mutual fund data from zerodha, but now I am not seeing that option and all the imported data has also been deleted from capital gains window in quicko website.

Hey Aman, can you write to us at help@quicko.com so that our team can take a look at it?

I have hard time understanding how the “Transfer Expense” was populated by Quicko from my Zerodha account data. I tried to calculate it manually by considering charges except STT in contract note and DP charges. The DP charge itself is ₹15.93 (no other sell order for that scrip on that day). (I am showing sample contract note here only for reference. But I tried to compare it with real contract note too.)

Does Quicko consider DP charges during import? Also, I’m not able to tally the value shown by Quicko with Zerodha’s Tax P&L statement because in that statement, per trade charges are not mentioned.

Even if I consider the total transfer expense across all short-term trades, it’s not exactly matching with the sample contract note attached above (after excluding STT).

I believe Quicko somehow is getting the total transfer expense and dividing it proportionately for each trade according to the “Traded Value” of the trade but even here it’s only matching approximately. For example, as per Quicko, the total transfer expense across all STCG trades is ₹33.2105. And for the above trade for which I attached the screenshot, the Traded value is ₹1561 and total traded value across all trades (from above sample contract note which represents my scenario) is ₹3581.7. Considering (1561/3581.7)*33.2105 gives ₹14.474 which of course does not match exactly (but matches approximately) with ₹14.4279 populated by Quicko.

Also, for business income from trading case, for the Zerodha Trading Account that Quicko creates in the ITR filing, under “Rates and Taxes”, the values are matching with Zerodha’s Tax P&L statement under “Charges” heading in the Equity sheet. Do these “Charges” (like STT, Stamp Duty, Turnover fees, etc) shown in the statement and imported by Quicko correspond only to intraday trades? Or are values from short term and long term trades also summed up there?

1 Like

@Hem_Shah if you can help here?

The ideal way to calculate the expenses is trade-wise, but as Quicko does not get trade-wise expenses from Zerodha, we pro-rate the total expenses with the sell value of all the trades to arrive at tradewise expense.

In the case of Short term and Long term capital gains, all Expenses exculding STT expenses is considered.
In the case of Intraday & Derivatives, all the Expenses including the STT expenses is considered.

Quicko prorates expenses using this - Sale value of a trade X Total Expense / Total Sale Value

Hope this helps!

2 Likes

Thank you for clarifying my question with respect to STCG.

I was able to get answer to my other question myself by verifying the charges from Zerodha console, by selecting separately the periods in which I did only short-term trades and intraday trades. Luckily I did not do both kinds of trades during same period allowing me to check this. Summing up values in both cases matched with values in Tax P&L statement that Zerodha generated for the entire financial year. I conclude that the values in Tax P&L statement under Charges section include charges levied for all trades, not just intraday.

So, I’ll have to somehow filter out and change the values imported by Quicko in speculative business expenses to reflect only intraday trades (and same with STCG).

But, thank you for such a wonderful platform. I was able to understand what all are required to be considered when declaring short-term and speculative business income in the returns.

2 Likes

Hi @Hem_Shah @Shrutika_Shah

While importing trades from Zerodha to Quicko, it shows a LTCG of (-118) but in reality (zerodha), I have LTCG of 2.8Lakhs (a single trade, sold on March 29, 2023). Please help me with this.

Hi @M_Sridhar

Please Submit a ticket : Help Center for the issue you’re facing while filing your ITR on Quicko.

Hi team,
I am not able to remove my broker integration. From the below SS, when i click on the “X” button it removes it for a sec and it gets added again. Please help me with it. Thanks

Hi @Pradeep_kumar_Jain

Here’s how you can Edit your Trading Income : Help Center and Revoke Broker Access : Help Center on Quicko.
If you still face issues, please Submit a ticket : Help Center

hii…thanks for explaining this in a wonderful way

1 Like