LTA claim while filling ITR

I am a salaried individual, and I took a family trip in the last week of March. As a result, I was unable to apply for LTA (Leave Travel Allowance) through my employer(LTA component is present in my salary structure ), as the declaration deadline is in the first week of March. How can I claim this LTA when filing my income tax return online? Do I simply enter the amount under LTA in the ITR without submitting any proof(or where to submit ?) Please let me know.

Hey @Anish_Kuti,

Yes, you can claim the exemption while filing the ITR. You will have to calculate the exempt LTA and enter the amount in the ITR.

Moreover, you do not have to submit any proofs when filing the ITR but do keep the receipts handy in case the ITD issues a notice for mismatch between the income reported by employer and you.

Hello @Surbhi_Pal , I am filing my ITR using Quicko, and I wish to avail LTA at the time of filing as I did not submit proof. The only place I see the option of adding LTA is Salary details. After adding, the overall taxable income is not getting reduced and LTA amount is not getting deducted. Any specific reason?

Hey @Amritansh_k,

You’ll first have to add the entire LTA amount under gross salary. Post that, calculate the exempt LTA and add that under exempt allowances.