Money transfer from father


My father is an NRI and I am investing in Stocks and MF using the money which is transferred by my FATHER from his NRE or NRO account.

Is the money received from him taxable? Where should I show this income in ITR Filing?

Hi @michuanu2002,

No, any amount that you receive from your father will not be taxable in your hands. You can show the amount as ‘exempt income’ while filing the ITR.

Hope this helps!