New Income Tax e-filing portal www.incometax.gov.in

Income Tax Department has launched the New Income Tax Department, check out all the new features for taxpayers.

Which one will be the star feature of the New Income Tax Portal?
  • User-Friendly & Mobile responsive Interface :innocent:
  • Income Tax Mobile App :iphone:
  • User Manuals, Videos, Chatbots & Helpdesk :speech_balloon:
  • Pre-filled ITR Forms :bookmark_tabs:
  • Different Login options :computer:
  • Multiple options for Income Tax Payment :money_with_wings:
  • Dashboard for Taxpayers :bar_chart:
  • ITR preparation and filing for AY 2021-22 (FY 2020-21) :inbox_tray:

0 voters

I have been trying to explore the portal but I am not able to login to the portal, any idea what is going on?

Hi @Dia_malhotra

ITD have launched the portal yesterday night. Due to heavy traffic some of the features are not working properly. It will be resumed soon.

Stay tuned with us. Will update you with every feature new portal has!

In the meantime, you can check out all the features in the below post

https://twitter.com/HowToQuicko/status/1402125952138629123?s=20

Why I’m not able to file my ITR-3?

Hi @Niral_Koradia, this can help

1 Like

Hi, @Nireka Thank you for your response. Is there any place where it announces whether it has been completed or not? I’m wondering about the last date of the filing.

@Niral_Koradia, we are expecting it around mid-August. The last date of filing ITR when Tax Audit is not Applicable for AY 2021-22 is 30th September 2021.

You can follow us on Twitter to get updates about new releases and ITR filing
https://twitter.com/HowToQuicko

HI @Nireka Hope you are doing well ! Do you happen to know the status for enabling E-Filling ? Is it still pending from ITD side or from quicko’s technical side ?

Hey @Niral_Koradia, the ITD has published the schemas for Income Tax Return and you will be able to prepare the ITR on Quicko. However, we are still awaiting APIs that are required to enable ITR filing from ITD. ITR filing will be soon enabled on Quicko.
Stay tuned for all the exciting product feature updates next week!

1 Like

@Nireka Is E-filing enabled in Quicko now ?

Hi @Abin_Babu, Yes ITR filing is now live on Quicko.

Hello, I have withdrawn my EPF & EPS completely in July this year. I had not completed 5 years service and hence some amount is taxable. I need help in understanding how this should be reported when I file ITR next year.

Here’s what I have already figured out -
A - Employee’s contribution - Not taxable, should be reported under exempted income under section 10(11)
B - Interest on employee’s contribution - Taxed as income from other sources
C - Employer’s contribution - Taxable as profits in lieu of salary under section 17(3)
D - Interest on employer’s contribution - Taxable as profits in lieu of salary under section 17(3)
E - I have claimed EPF for deduction under section 80C in past. Since I didn’t complete 5 years of service, this amount is now taxable as income in current year.

What I can’t figure out -
1 - Whether EPS (pension) is taxable, and under which section it should be reported
2 - With reference to point E above, under which section should I report this amount as income?
3 - With reference to point E above, let’s say in one of the previous years the deductions claimed under 80C were: 1.5 lakh PPF, 25k insurance premium, 28k EPF. In this case my 1.5 lakh investment limit under 80C is being exhausted by investments without taking EPF into consideration. Do I still need to report 28k EPF as salary income this year?

Thank you in advance for any helpful insight.