Queries related to TRACES Portal and Registration

Hey,

How can I download Form 16 / 16A from TRACES?

Hey @HarishMehta

Taxpayers or deductee cannot directly download form 16/form16A, the option to download Form 16/ 16A has been given to the Deductor. So, if you need Form 16 / 16A for TDS deducted by your current or previous employer or deductor you will have to contact them for the same. There is no option available on TRACES whereby you can download it yourself.

Hope this helps!

I do not have a TAN of my Deductor. Can I still register on TRACES?

Hey @Dia_malhotra

Yes, individuals can still register as a taxpayer on TRACES even if they do not have TAN of the deductor by providing:

• Assessment Year
• Challan Serial Number and
• Amount of tax you have paid

Hope this helps!

In my Justification Report it shows an interest payable error whereas I’ve already paid the interest for that particular month According to the regulations what could be the reason for this?

Hi @saad,

According to regulations, interest payment default/errors may arise due to error in challan details , short deduction, short payment, late deposit of TDS amount. Here, you can file correction statement and revise the return.

Hope this helps!

Hi

I am not able to register the DSC despite many trials. I keep getting the error:

‘Error in establishing connection with TRACES Websocket Esigner. Please ensure that WebSigner Setup is installed and service is running on your machine and there are no proxies enabled on the browser while doing DSC activities’

Could you kindly help. I have tried all the instructions, as per below:

I have un-installed any previous versions of Java and emsigner.
I have installed Java 8, update 162 and 32 bit version on my Windows 10 machine
Downloaded TRACES-WebSigner-V2.0 and installed emsigner. The emsigner is running on my system.
Google Chrome is up to date. (Version 92.0.4515.131)
I have the DSC driver (e-pass 2003) installed.
I have rebooted and made sure the websigner (emsigner) is running.
When I go to my profile → Signature section, no window pops up, nothing loads, and if I click on ‘Request DSC’, I get the above error.

Could you point to me what I can do to make this work please. Do I need any physical device to generate tokens? I am logging in from the nri traces webpage. Thanks.

Preetham

@AkashJhaveri @Saad_C @Kaushal_Soni @Divya_Singhvi @Laxmi_Navlani can you help with this?

Hey @raopreetham, the first thing I would recommend you to do is to run the Emsigner as an administrator. Also, if it still does not seem to work, install the below mentioned JAVA fixer software and run it as an administrator and hopefully this would resolve your issue.

https://johann.loefflmann.net/downloads/jarfix.exe

Thanks much Nireka, Maharshi ! I will try this.
I do not have a ‘USB’ e-pass 2003 token device. Could that be a reason this is not working? Do we need to purchase and insert it into the computer before DSC registration? If so, how can one get/purchase it? Please clarify. Thanks

Hi,

I’ve a doubt. In my Form 16, my father’s name has a spelling mistake. How to correct it?

Please reply.

The USB e-pass 2003 token device is particular type of a DSC.

hello, i want to cancel the TDS on sale of property (26QB) which i created in hurry. i have made login and tried the TRACES refund option. But the total amount of TDS is “Consumed” and Max refund amount is zero.
What is my option now? TDS was paid on 16th Oct ( 6 days back). Hoping for a solution on this.

Hi @nisshant

26QB is the challan cum return statement. As soon as you file the form, TDS amount paid by you gets utilized. There are few corrections that are allowed in form 26QB. You can refer to the article below. You cannot get the refund of the taxes paid through an online method. You can contact concerned Assessing Officer (AO) of the Income Tax Department (ITD).

You can also contact Aaykar Sampark Kendra (ASK) on Toll Free No. 1800-180-1961 to ask for help.

Hope this helps!

Hi,
I had raised a form26-QB correction request, but since the correction request also had some errors, I requested the AO officer to cancel the correction request.
Now as the old request has been closed, I would like to file a new correction request. Can I register DSC and file this new request for auto approval?

Hi @Jatin_Sahu

Yes, you can file 26QB correct request with registering a DSC and file te new request.
Here’s a read for your reference on TRACES: Form 26QB Correction DSC/ AO Approval - Learn by Quicko

Hi,

I have made a payment for Form 26QB, but there was some error. I don’t want to make a correction as it would take longer time and I had to get the registry done. Now, when I am submitting a request for refund I am getting the following error ‘Refund request cannot be placed for unclaimed challan(s)’.

Does someone know how to resolve this? I made the payment just 2 days ago, the challan is active but I am getting the abovementioned error. Is it possible that Form 26QB is not yet processed and that is why I am getting this error?

Hi @aakash_singh

Yes, that’s true, refund of unclaimed challan is not possible. If there is any error noticed, you can file a correction request.

Here’s a read on Form 26QB : TDS on Sale of Property - Learn by Quicko for your reference.

Hi,
I have purchased a property along with other two family member. So while filing my 26QB what should be the correct amount to be considered for below:

Total Value of Consideration
Total amount paid/credit

Agreement value = X

So, will my “Total value of Consideration” - X or X/3 ?
“Total amount paid/credit” - X or X/3 ?

NOTE - “TDS amount to be paid” is already paid as 1% of X/3
I have generated 16B it has “Total amount paid or credit” X/3
and “Total Tax deposit” is 1% of X/3

TIA

Can anybody help me with form 16B.
After downloading form 16B it is necessary of Signature of person responsible for deduction of tax?
And if yes digital signature or wet signature