Queries related to TRACES Portal and Registration

Thank you for your help so far! Looks like I have yet another problem, AO has rejected the correction request :frowning_face:
Reason: No relevant documents attached. Have been asked to submit the correction request again.

There was no option to attach any documents and AO is from my hometown ( different state ) so its not possible for me to physically submit any document. What options do I have now?

Hello @Sangeeta,

Looks like you will have to physically submit the correction request to the AO. If it is not possible to physically visit you can email them at contactus@tdscpc.gov.in or call on their helpline number at 01204814600 for an alternate solution.

Hope this helps!

Hey,

There is no Inbox in newer version of TRACES, how do I see the intimations ?

Hey @VIKASG,

After logging into the TRACES portal, the fourth tab is “Communications” under which the “Inbox” tab shows all the intimations.

Hope this helps!

Am also facing the same from last 2weeks. Can anyone help regarding this ?

Hello @Amit_Dash,

You can try connecting with the TRACES helpline number to check why you cannot download the justification report. Without going through the details I cannot help you with why you cannot download the justification report.

If you need further help, you can book a Meet using the link below where a tax expert will understand your situation in detail and guide you further.

Hi @Sangeeta , I am exactly in a same situation as you. What did you do when AO rejected your correction request? Were you able to correct the amount credited date finally?

Appreciate your answer to my query! Thanks

Hi Bijit, yes I was able to get the correction done. The documents need to be physically submitted to the AO. The AO approved immediately and then it was forwarded to TDS for approval.

Thanks for your reply @Sangeeta . What all documents were needed?

I filed for a correction in Form 26QB (changed the date of deduction). Attaching the status of the request.

It is stuck on “Pending for PAN approval”. My builder is telling me that his TRACES portal is not showing any request for approval. Could anyone help me with what could be going wrong?

The builder is logging in to TRACES using his TAN number. Should he be logging in with his PAN instead (that’s what I deducted TDS for)? Does TRACES have separate login for TAN and PAN for the same organization?

What steps should the builder be performing for approving the request?

Also attaching the confirmation message from IT. The hidden PAN is builder’s PAN.

Hello @Ashutosh

The builder has to log into Traces using his PAN under taxpayer. There he will be able to see the request for approval under “track correction request”. Yes, TRACES have a separate login for TAN and PAN for the same organization.

Hope this helps!

1 Like