Query on ITR form and Section 54F

May I know which ITR form is required to file where source of income is mainly Salary and some Capital gains from stocks/ MFs? Also under which Heading in the ITR form can one claim benefits under Section 54F? Thanks.


Based on your sources of income, you will have to file ITR-2. Moreover, while reporting your gains from equity shares and mutual funds, you will see an option of ‘Information about deduction claimed against capital gains’. Here, you can select section 54F and enter the details of the property purchased to claim the deduction.

Hope this helps!