Regarding Tax Filing

I am an Indian Resident and a student. My father is an NRI. He sends me funds from his NRE Account to my savings account. What is the taxation rule for this??

Hey @Dhairya

The funds you receive can be treated as Gifts.
Gifts from relatives (blood relation) are completely exempt from tax irrespective of whether the sender is a NRI or Resident individual.

However, you have to report such gifts in your Income Tax Returns.

Read here.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

1 Like