Tax Planning by moving to a Tax friendly country

I have pretty decent investments in equity & MFs. India has started charging long term capital gains on equity since last few years. Will it make sense (or is it even possible) to move residency to a tax friendly country, which does not have capital gains tax on equity?

How can this kind of tax planning be done?

Hello @Shankar_Velli,

As per the residency rules, if you stay in India for more than 182 days, you are considered Resident in India and the global income becomes taxable in India.

As per the source rules, any capital gains arising from India is taxed in India as the income arises in India no matter the residential status is resident or non-resident.

Hope this helps!