TDS deducted in the name of deceased but proceeds of fixed deposit paid to the nominee after referring to RBI banking Ombudsman.Income Dept is not allowing it as deduction and wants the bank to change it to the is not responding

If the bank has shown TDs in the name of the dead person but paid Fd proceeds to the nominee and bank is not responding the request to change the name to the nominee , what can be done. IncomeTax dept . is not allowing the deduction unless change in the name is done.

@Bharti_Vasvani If you can help here.

The ITR can be filed for deceased person by adding yourself as representative of such person. Refund can be claimed for the TDS deducted if change of name is not possible.

Hope this helps!