Uploading Form 26AS on Quicko

Hey folks, you can share any issues you may be facing regarding your Form 26AS on the Quicko IT Filing product in here!

MY INCOMETAX PORTAL SHOWS a figure AS PURCHASE OF SECURITIES AND UNITS OF MF UNDER AIS/TIS/ SFT INFORMATION. I AM UNABLE TO GET THIS RECONICLED EITHER FROM MY BROKER OR CDSL. I.TPORTAL SAYS THAT THE SOURCE OF INFORMATION IS CDSL. Screen shot enclosed.
HOW TO FILE THE RETURN WITHOUT KNOWING AS TO WHERE FROM CDSL FURNSHED THE FIGURE. I had purchases under intraday/short term and long term capItal gain in fy 20-21. But none of these fi tally with figure furnished by cdsl.

Hey @Xavier_Thilagaraj_Gm,

You can submit feedback to the information reflected in AIS in both online and offline mode. AIS can be accessed online through the e-filing portal incometax.gov.in in the services tab. Once you access it, you may submit the feedback/response that the information is erroneous.

Hope it helps.

i have a doubt

i have Short Term Profit on shares Rs.1,05,024/-

as per Income Tax at 10% (Excluding Rs 1Lakh u/s 112A)

tax only 5,024/- or 1,05,024/-?

please help me.

a.y. 21~22
income was nil . share market online turnover was less than 1 crore . loss declared and filed Rs. 4lakhs .

now , in a.y. 22~23 also income is nil . share market online turnover is less than 1 crore . loss is Rs. 5 lakhs .
so , i declare and file the loss returns .

my query is : do i have to again show the carry forward loss of the a.y. 21~22 ; while filing returns for the a.y.22~23 ?
i mean ; all the previous years loss filed carry forwarded ; need to to be reshown while filing returns of current a.y. ?

@Sakshi_Shah1 could you help with this ?

Hello @HIREiN

While filing the Income Tax Return for an Assessment Year, you must report all incomes and losses for the relevant year. Further, you must also report all your brought forward losses for previous assessment years so that you can utilise them against incomes and carry forward the remaining loss to future years.

Thus, in your ITR for AY 2022-23, you must report your brought forward loss for AY 2021-22 and previous years too.

for last 5 years , i have been declaring the loss in the share market for the each year transactions trades . but , did not brought forward the loss in the succeeding years , since there was no profit income that needed to get to be set off against the previous year losses .

now , i am worried and concerned .
since , i have not brought forwarded the losses of the preceding all the years ;
now , suppose say ; i make profits in the forth coming years ; will i be allowed to set of that profit with the losses of the previous preceding all the years which was shown and declared but not brought forwarded every year ?

pls enlighten !!!

I downloaded Form 26AS, but am unable to open form 26AS - it is asking for a password. Where do I find the password?

Hi Harshil,

The password for opening Form 26AS will be your Date of Birth (in DDMMYYYY format), e.g., if your date of birth is 03-APr-1990, the password will be 03041990.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

TDS has been deducted by my tenant from the rent he paid, but is not reflected in my Form 26AS.
What should I do?

Hi Niraj,

The due date to file TDS is 7th of the following month - except for in the case of march, when the due date is 30th April. You could wait till the next month or contact your tenant regarding this discrepancy (if the discrepancy is for previous months).

Hope this helps

TDS details shown in Form 26AS are OK in my case. But I find difficulty in filing ITR as the full TDS details do not find place in IT e-filing site (pre-filled form); I don’t find any method to fill up the TDS figures manually. While the Form 26AS contains tax deducted in respect of both Salary(Pension) Income and Non-salary income, the IT new website contains figures of tax deducted in respect of Salary income only.

Hey @nkjob, this is an error on the IT portal which is yet to be fixed. In the case where your form 26AS details are not entirely shown on the IT portal, you can enter the data manually from your form 26AS while filing your return in the online mode.

Hey @HIREiN

There is nothing to worry. If you have claimed and reported the loss in the ITR of the relevant Assessment Year and if that ITR was successfully processed, you can always utilise that loss against income of future years.

However, it is a good practice to declare all the brought forward losses in each years ITR by filling up Schedule CFL (Carry Forward Loss) for correct reporting.

In the next ITR you file, make sure you disclose all the unutilised carry forward losses from previous years.

Read more - Set Off and Carry Forward of Losses under Income Tax Act

1 Like

Request you to please kindly inform me regarding claiming & getting refund for payment of tax credit deducted as TCS by car dealership on purchase of car worth more than 10 lakhs. If it is showing up in form 26AS, how to claim it & under which schedule /head in IT return, that is where to enter this tax credit input while filing ITR .
Regards
Looking fwd for your expert comments and reply please :pray:

Hi @sandeepsood100

In form 26AS, all your tax credits are reflected.
You can claim the same under “tax credits” in your Income Tax Return on Quicko.

Here’s how you can Add Tax Credits : Help Center on Quicko.

Downloaded the 26AS from the income tax website as pdf - Its the only one that Quicko takes in - I get the error - Unable to read form 26AS error.

The guidance given in Form 26AS - View & Download Tax Credit & Annual Information Statement - Learn by Quicko is not helpful enough. I downloaded html file as pdf - which the tool does not accept / gives this error - Unable to read form 26AS.

Then downloaded the txt file and converted it into excel - but quicko does not accept excel.

Can someone help.

Hi @Flame

Currently, we are facing some technical issues in getting Form 26AS uploaded on Quicko. Our team is working to resolve the issue as soon as possible.

We will update you once the issue gets resolved.

Alternatively, you can also Add Tax credits Manually on Quicko, and proceed with your ITR.

Hope this helps.

@Flame

The issue has been fixed. You can now try uploading Form 26AS on Quicko.

If you still face any issues, let us know.