What is UAN? How to generate it?

What is UAN? How to generate it?

1 Like

Hey @emmy

Universal Account Number (UAN) is a unique number allotted by the Ministry of Labour and Employment, Government of India to the employees registered for Provident Fund. UAN can be generated in two ways, either by the employer through the EPFO portal or by employee themselves through the UAN Portal.

You can refer to this detailed article to learn how to generate UAN in both ways:

Hope this helps!

My employer is closed without putting DOE and it has been 5 years since they closed. Can someone please help me in putting the Date of Exit in my UAN. I have all the documents like salary slip, bank statement, experience letter joining letter. or if someone provides paid service?

Hey, after two months of exiting from the company, you can yourself update the date of exit on the EPFO website.
You can also approach the local PF office, in the same city where the PF account was originally registered

Hello fellow members,

My adhaar and EPFO account names are not matching, because of that I am unable to activate my UAN number. My current employer and ex employer team is not helping out to resolve this issue. So how to resolve this issue?
Someone has told me to submit the joint declaration form in the PF office to change the name in EPFO record as per the adhaar card. Is it the right way?
Where will I get the JD form? &
Is it okay to reach the PF office directly without noticing the employer?? since they are not ready to help me on this

Error received in UAN portal:
“Name received from UIDAI service does not match with the available data in unified portal”

Hi @Ashwin_Velappan

Firstly, verify the name in the document which is correct, i.e., if aadhaar name is correct or the EPFO name.
Also, make sure that the details are entered in the correct format, then maybe you might not have to visit the office.

Secondly, you can reach out to the nearest local EPF office for the name change process or any help.
The Joint Declaration (JD) form is available online.

Hope this helps.

hi
What we can joint declaration form online summited?

Universal Account Number (UAN) is a unique number allotted by the Ministry of Labour and Employment, Government of India to the employees registered for Provident Fund. UAN can be generated in two ways, either by the employer through the EPFO portal or by employee themselves through the UAN Portal.

You can refer to this detailed article to learn how to generate UAN in both ways:

Hello
Recently I did a correction in my aadhar card name how to update the name in EPFO member KYC
is it possible to change the details with Joint Declaration form

Hi @Gurumurthy_S

Yes, you can do so by submitting a joint declaration form.

You can read more Joint Declaration Form: Change details in PF account - Learn by Quicko for better understanding of the same.

my name was wrong in the first company I worked and hence all the future company also got the same wrong details. Now Do i have to submit joint declaration for the companies I worked for OR will it be ok if I just update the first company details through Joint declaration ?