What ITR TO FILE With INTRADAY/STCG along with salary


I earn 6lpa. I also do earn short term capital gain, I wanted to ask what ITR do I have to file in that case as I’ll be getting a form 16 from my employer aswell. Please advise.

Also for this financial year I’m planning to start intraday trading, Can you please help with what ITR do I have to fill as I’ll be receiving my salary and stcg with this.

Hi @prakash_negi,

You can file ITR 2 with your Short term capital gains income and Salary.

Since Intraday trading is considered as a speculative business income from the income tax perspective, you will need to file ITR 3 to report your Intraday Trades, Capital Gains & Salary Income.

are 2 nos itr to bi filled in this case i.e itr-2&3 or only one out of them will do.

Also please tell what if one has only intraday loss then is there any need to file itr3 or only itr 2 will do.ALso can intraday losses be carry forward through itr 2 or not.


You only need to file one ITR which is ITR 3. Since Intraday trading is treated as speculative business income from trading, ITR 3 is applicable.
You can carry forward intraday losses to the next 4 years.

I would like to know which ITR should I file regarding Income from Salary, Capital Gains & Speculative Business Income (Intraday Trading)?

Hey @Sagar_Luniya,

Since Intraday is treated as speculative business income as per income tax, you should file ITR 3 and report all your incomes including Salary, Capital Gains & Trading.

PS: When filing your ITR through Quicko, you don’t have to worry about selecting the ITR forms, our algorithms select the right ITR form for you based on the details you entered :slight_smile: