Queries on PAN Card

PAN Card is one of the most important documents required by all taxpayers in India.

The Income Tax Department issues Permanent Account Number (PAN), an alphanumeric ID in a form of card to any “person” who applies for it or to whom the department allows the number without an application.

Ask away all your queries related to PAN Card, and we will make sure that all of them are answered!

How do I know the AO code and AO type for a PAN card application? Can I choose anyone listed for my state?

What are the steps to download a PAN card PDF?

I recently misplaced my PAN card and I want a new one with the old PAN number. How should I proceed?

How can I get my pan card acknowledgement number?

How can I check my PAN card details online?

Hey @TeamQuicko, what is the minimum age required for getting a PAN card?

Hey @SonalYadav,

No - you cannot randomly select your AO code and type just based on the state. In TIN-NSDL PAN application you need to select AO based on the description provided on the AO in the Help utility for AO selection after you select State and City, as shown in the image below -

So once you select State and City - you’ll see a list of AO’s with different descriptions. Most common one - if you’re salaried with income below 20 lacs as seen in this example it will be WARD 7(1)(4) in Ahmedabad, as we chose Ahmedabad as the city for this example.

Similarly AOs will be different for Government sector employees, business owners, etc. Once you select that AO, AO type and code will automatically be filled in the respective fields of your application.

If you’re still confused regarding your AO, you’re best suited to get professional help for the same. Choose Quicko’s PAN Application Plan and have your PAN application handled by professionals in hassle free manner.

Hope this helped! Feel free to reach out in case of further queries. :slight_smile:

Hey @SonalYadav

To get an e-PAN or a PDF version of PAN card - you can:

• Apply for a reprint of your PAN card (not a new PAN)

Steps to apply for Reprint/Duplicate e-PAN via NSDL website

• Visit NDSL portal → New PAN application page

• Select option for Application Type → Changes or Correction in existing PAN data/ Reprint of PAN Card & Category as applicable(Eg. Individual, HUF, Firm, LLP, etc)
  • Fill out personal information in corresponding fields, go next
  • Temporary token number will be generated for your application, which you’ll use throughout the process (Note down this temporary token number) & Click Continue with PAN Application Form.

Note: If during the application process the session times out or you wish to continue later - you can click on Registered user tab and use your token number to resume the application

• Select mode of submission for application documents, there are three ways -
    • Digitally (through e-KYC & e-Sign, using Aadhar)
    • Scanned images through e-Sign on C-DAC or NSDL
    • Forward application documents Physically

Among these options, e-KYC through Aadhaar is the easiest, since you don’t need to submit further documents as proof of your identity and your e-KYC is completed using Aadhaar OTP.

• Under the mode of delivery → select e-PAN option
  • Enter Aadhaar details (Recommended, not mandatory) and complete other personal details like gender, parents name, etc.
  • Next, enter only your mobile number and go next - there’ll be options to change details. If you are applying for a reprint you won’t need to change them as you just need a reprint.
  • Complete the declaration and upload the list of documents.
    • copy of your PAN card as proof of PAN
    • Address proof,
    • identity & Date of Birth (Aadhar by default for e-KYC)
  • You’ll see a summary of the application before the final submission - review the details and confirm the submission.
  • Pay application fees - to mention a mode of payment via which you’ll complete your application (Demand Draft/Online Banking, Cards)
  • Enter the OTP sent on your Aadhaar registered mobile number to verify the details.

It usually takes 15–20 days to receive the duplicate PAN card.

Track your PAN application using Check PAN Card Status tool

You also get an instant e-PAN from the Income Tax Department.

Following is the sample of an e-PAN:

Hope this helps!

Hey @HarshitShah

Go to Know Your PAN and enter your Name, Date of Birth and mobile number to fetch your PAN details from Income Tax database.

Or, you can get your old PAN Number from:

• Previously filed ITR (Income Tax Return)
  • Request your bank to provide you with your PAN number, that you linked with your bank account.

Once you fetch your PAN number, you can apply for a reprint of your PAN on Quicko or on NSDL website - refer Team Quicko’s answer to How can I get a new duplicate copy of my pan card

Hope that answered your question! In case you need further assistance, feel free to send us a message or mention a comment below.

Hey @ViraajAhuja47

It is very easy to get an acknowledgement number

You can get this number Online or Offline:

If you have applied for a new Pan Card or have applied to change any data in the existing Pan Database, the acknowledgement number can be found in Pan Acknowledgement sheet or on the Pan Acknowledgement form that has been provided to you.

If you applied online for PAN, the acknowledgement number will be delivered to your given Email Id.

After getting the acknowledgement number you can track you PAN status using NSDL website.

Hope this helps!

Hey @riya_gupta

One can check their PAN card details in two ways; either by Name and Date of Birth or by entering the PAN Number. Mentioned below are the steps that will help you to get your details via both the ways:

Getting PAN details via PAN Number:

1.) Go to the official website of Income Tax Department and log in

2.) Register yourself and enter your PAN number

3.) A link will be then sent to you on your registered email address for activating the account

4.) Click on My Account

5.) Click on Pan Details under Profile Settings

6.) You will now be able to see all the information related to your PAN on your screen

Getting PAN details via Name and Date of Birth:

1.) Go to the official website of Income Tax Department

2.) Under quick links, go to verify your PAN Details

3.) Enter your Date of Birth, full name and PAN

4.) Select the status

5.) Enter the Captcha Code and submit

6.) You will now be able to see all the information related to your PAN on your screen

Hope this helps!

Hey @TanyaChopra

A PAN card mandatory for transactions above a specified limit in India. The Permanent Account Number or PAN is issued by the Income Tax department of India.

It is usually assumed that the minimum age for getting a PAN card is 18 years. However, the income tax department has not set any minimum age for a PAN application by an Individual, HUFs, company or any other body. Hence, there is No Minimum Age Limit to apply for a PAN.

The process for application of PAN for Minors or with Age less than 18 years as on the date of Application is different.

Documents required- one from each category:

• Proof of Identity: Aadhar Card, Passport, etc.
  • Proof of Address: Aadhar Card, Passport, Driving License Voter’s card, Utility Bills(electricity, consumer gas connection, broadband bill, etc.- Not more than 3 months old), etc. Allowed of the applicant or Guardian.
  • Proof of Date of Birth: Aadhar Card, Passport, Birth Certificate, School Leaving certificate, etc.

The application should be made by the Father or the Legal Guardian of the applicant. The signature on the Application or Form 49A/49AA. You can apply for the PAN online[1] or visit the NSDL website. Visit here to details about the documents required.
Hope this helps!

Footnotes

[1] New PAN Application for Residents - Plans by Quicko

I lost my PAN card and forgot my PAN number. How can I find my PAN number through my Aadhaar card?

Hey @AARTI_THAKKAR

You don’t need your Aadhaar card to find your PAN number - go to Know Your PAN and enter your Name, Date of Birth and mobile number to fetch your PAN details from Income Tax database.

Or, you can get your old PAN Number from:

• Previously filed ITR (Income Tax Return)
  • Request your bank to provide you with your PAN number, that you linked with your bank account.

Once you fetch your PAN number, you can apply for a reprint of your PAN on NSDL website

Hope that answered your question!
In case you need further assistance, feel free to send us a message or mention a comment below.

Footnotes

[1] Duplicate PAN Application for Residents - Plans by Quicko

How to delink PAN and Aadhar ?

Hi @Pearl

The Income Tax Department of India does not provide any procedure to delink your Aadhaar with PAN Card. However, you can submit a grievance on the Income Tax E-filing Website for delinking of PAN and Aadhaar in the following cases with the prescribed documents:

• PAN Card is inadvertently issued to more than one applicant and the Aadhaar Card of one applicant is linked with the PAN Card of the other.

• An assessee has more than one PAN and Aadhaar Card is linked with the deactivated PAN Card

• If the Aadhaar Number of one applicant is linked with the PAN Card of another person due to various reasons.

Hope this helps :slightly_smiling_face:

Regarding the PAN AADHAR linking need help. As I tried to link PAN TO AADHAR cudnt get through. As I got an error.

Attached error in this query.! Plz help…Screenshot_20210623-081532_WhatsApp|690x407

Hey @jonu_dsa,
PAN and Aadhaar linking might fail incase the details such as name and DOB are not matching. In such a case, you’ll have to get your PAN/Aadhaar updated with the correct details and link them.

On PAN CARD SPACES are allowed in Surname
Coz my Surname is DE SOUZA as on aadhar…