Queries on PAN Card

Hey @Rahul,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

Its very simple to track the application status by the following:

1. Visit the UTIITSL website- https://www.trackpan.utiitsl.com/PANONLINE/#forward
  2. Enter your 10 Digit PAN card number
  3. Date of Birth
  4. Captcha code for verification and click on submit.

Your PAN card status will be displayed on the screen

Hope this helps!

Also, @Ron thank you so much for your valuable input and being part of our community. Cheers!

I have been allotted 2 PANs. Is it a crime to hold two PANs?
Please help me in canceling one PAN I am looking for a digital solution.

Hey @Joe_Fernandes ,
Yes, it is illegal for one individual to hold 2 PANs. If caught, Income Tax Department can take legal action or put a financial penalty.
But you can always surrender one PAN. There is a provision for surrendering PAN online using TIN-NSDL website.
You may fill and submit the PAN Change Request application form by mentioning the PAN which you are using currently on top of the form. All other PAN/s inadvertently allotted to you should be mentioned at item no. 11 of the form and the corresponding PAN card copy/s should be submitted for cancellation along with the form.

I am from Karnataka. I want to know the nearest PAN center from my home. My father is in Kerela and I want to know nearest PAN center from my native home too.
I know I can use GPS for that but the answers are not very accurate i have tried it before and you guys are so active and have helped me out so much before I thought you would be able to help me maybe.
Thanks in advance.

Hey @Sofiyah_Valiante ,

Thank you so much for being part of this community!
We would wish and love to help you each time with your queries related to our expertise.

You can search PAN Application Centers through UTIITSL.
UTIITSL is official government website. You can visit the website and select option of PAN application centers. Next, mention your state and district and you will get the results. You can do the same for your father too.

Do state governments ; central government ; union territory
Has its own pan card number ?
Do they file returns ?
Do they pay tax ?

@Sakshi_Shah1 can you help?

Hi @HIREiN

Central Government, State Government, and consular offices are exempted from Obtaining PAN card in transactions where they are payers.

Income Tax is to be paid by every person. As per Section 2(3) of the Income Tax, the term ‘person’ includes Individual, Hindu Undivided Families [HUFs], Association of Persons [AOPs], Body of individuals [BOIs], Firms, LLPs, Companies, Local Authority and any artificial juridical person.

The central government, state government, and union territories are exempt from income tax as per the Constitution of India.

I want to apply for Instant e-PAN application online. I want to know if i am eligible for the same?
Can someone guide me on how to do that too?

Hey @Sofiyah_Valiante ,

You are eligible for instant e-PAN application in case of the following:

• You have never been allotted PAN
  • Your Aadhaar is linked to your Mobile
  • You are not a minor
  • Your DOB is mentioned on your Aadhaar

Once you know if you’re eligible, you will have to visit the Income Tax Portal and apply for instant e PAN using Aadhaar

How can I get e-pan as I don’t have a registered phone no and mail id? How can I register my mail and phone no. to my pan card and generate e-pan?

Hey @Joe_Fernandes ,

It is necessary to have registered both, the mobile number and the e-Mail address which can be done via change/correction PAN request application. Additionally, this facility is only available to users who have processed their latest application for a fresh PAN or for any change/correction in the PAN from the UTIITSL portal. You can download the e-PAN once the application process is complete.

I want to verify my PAN card online

Hey @Joe_Fernandes ,

Yes its possible to verify your PAN online. You can do so by visit the Income Tax e-filing website. Click on e-verify my PAN, enter the required data and your PAN will be verified.

Hope this helps!

My pan card verification shows that it is active but not as per details what should I do for this !!

Hey @Sim_ran, in this case, you will have to file form 49A to make corrections in your PAN and provide supporting documents for the same. You can view the procedure to file this form on the TIN-NSDL portal from the below mentioned article:

My name in PAN and Aadhaar do not match, hence I am unable to link it.
What should I do?

Hi Sakshi,

Go to the Income Tax Department website and fill up your name as per PAN, as per your Aadhaar card and your Aadhaar number.

If there’s a name mismatch, you’ll receive an OTP on the phone linked to your Aadhaar card to continue.

For date of birth mismatch, you can update either on the UIDAI website (for Aadhaar) or NSDL website (for PAN)

The ITD sent me a SMS saying my PAN is flagged, but my income was less than INR 2.5 Lakh for FY 2018-19, so did not file my ITR.
What should I do?

Hey @Sankalp_Joshi ,

In case you did trading or undertook high-value transactions, the income tax department - would get this information from the Annual Information Report filed by businesses and exchanges.

In case you do not have any high-value transactions, you can file a NIL return.
The due date to file belated ITR for FY 2018-19 is extended from 31st March 2020 to now 30th June 2020.

Here a blog to help you: Is taxman texting you?

Hope this helps!